As a game for everyone to play, I asked a simple question “If you were to give me a nickname or call me a name, what would it be?” and asked everyone to use the hashtag #bitPimpsShouldBeCalled and here are the responses: Continue reading
I have asked for the EllisFam to do a small 8 question interview so that we may get to know one another and how The Jason Ellis Show has changed or impacted our lives. These are their reply’s, unedited and all in their own words. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do, and thank you to everyone who participated. Without you all this wouldn’t be possible.
- Where do you live? I straddle 2 Provinces, Ontario and Quebec, Canada (Outaouais region)
- What is your occupation? I dick punch Fucktards. Oh you mean for a living, I’m a Commercial Insurance Broker. Fun stuff!!
- What do you do on your spare time? Photography, read, run around like a goofball with my son, tweet nonsense on Twitter, hang with friends etc. The usual.
- What is your hobby or a hobby you would like to start? Photography is my one real hobby
- What do you feel is your greatest achievement in life? Besides my son (because he is), moving across the country 3 times in 1 year, without losing my sanity and landing on both feet each time.
- What kind of adventure or trip would you like to do before you die? (Bucket List) I want to hog tie Ryan Reynolds and…ummm never mind, that’s private. Besides THAT, I would like to take a year off and sail around the world, truly see it and document it with photography.
- What’s your happiest moment? Can’t include having a child or children. An up close and personal encounter with 2 dolphins. It was the most awe inspiring experience I’ve ever had in my life. Yes I’m a geek, get over it.
- Is there anything else you would like to share? I’m not a part of the #EllisFam but I have been lucky enough to have “met” you crazy folks! I love how you all come together for each other; it’s a rare thing in this day and age. So thank you for allowing me to see & share in that. Hugs and kisses to all!
Aaron Hunzinger (@AHdidit)
- Where do you live? I live in Evanston, IL (2 blocks north of Chicago’s city limit’s)
- What is your occupation? I am the youngest of the 5th generation in a family business. We have an industrial fabric company called Evanston Awning Co. were we manufacture awnings, canopies, and misc. fabric structures for commercial and residential applications. When my family first got involved in the fabric business we made wagon covers, saddle bags, harnesses and leather goods during the Manifest Destiny (…when settlers moved west).
- Tell me a little about yourself. I build shit! I dont read direction or instructions. I do things my way. If my way doesnt work…well…I dont really know. I’ve never had anything NOT work. Being raised around metal and fabric my whole life and always being taught by my Dad to never give up and to always do my best. As well as being strongly influenced to try new things and to work for what I want. It is because of these things that I now consider myself to be an artist. I have taken what I do everyday and paved my own path while NOT leaving my roots. Some of you may know, I build lamps. I never make the same thing twice. All of my lamps are 100% unique. I love what I do. I love my family. I love my friends (especially the ones that are more like family). I love my girlfriend (Megan Gwinnup). I love that my family and friends support my crazy hobbies. I have MANY hobbies and/or things I spend my hard earned money on. I have built 2 custom vehicles, more specifically I’ve built 2 minitrucks. The one I cruise in these days is a full custom. Bagged, shaved, and lay’d out…if you dont know, then you dont know.
- How long have you listened to TJES? Since he was on with Tony. …a long fuckin’ time ago.
- How did you discover TJES? When Ellis said something about how he was getting his own show. I figured if it had to be “somewhat good” since he made me laugh on Tony’s show. I figured right!
- What keeps you listening to TJES? Jason Ellis, Tully, and even Rawdog (but mostly Ellis) have become a HUGE motivating force in my life. They keep me thinking positive. Listening to Ellis “preach” and seeing what he has overcome in his own life and seeing what he has become. How can that NOT be influential?
- Has the show changed or impacted you life in any way? How? YES! It used to be just that…a show that I listened to. Then, one day my dentist told me that I had PRE-cancerous cells in my mouth from 13 years of smoking cigarettes. I called the show and Ellis’ told me that I’m still young and that I have my WHOLE LIFE infront of me. He told me “just stop” (smoking), so I did. August 13th will be 3 years w/o a cigarette…cold turkey! 2 months after I quite smoking, my dad got cancer. This is the point in my life where everything changes… I saw my dad shrink to half of his normal weight. He lost over 120 lbs. My dad was diagnosed with Colorectal Cancer (the same kind that killed Farrah Fawcet). After his first emergency surgery he developed a “leak”. This put him in the ICU for 5 days. He was being kept alive by machines, from what I saw. During those 5 days that my oldman was in a coma, Ellis got on the sunject of how it’s OK for dudes to cry sometimes. That sometimes it’s absolutely necessary. So, I called in again. I told Ellis my story and I cried…and so did he. He told me that my dad wanted me to be strong and to not stop fighting for him. That’s what I did. With the help of my 2 older brothers, my mom, and my family, we got my dad back to health. My brothers and I went back to work. The only difference now was that WE were running the show. We had to teach ourselves things that our dad never did as far as how to run a business. We’d worked at Evanston Awning Co. our whole lives but never did we have to run the entire operation. Today is Thursday, August 2nd my dad is healthy, my family is stronger than ever and last year was our the best year in the history of our family business.
- Is there anything else you would like to share? For me, I feel that listening to TJES has helped change my whole out-look on life. I don’t take anything for granted. I take every opportunity that is put infront of me. I give everything I do 100%, anything less is failure. I consider TJES a FREE form of therapy. It is also the best motivator for getting off my ass and getting shit done.
- …also while my dad was sick Ellis was working on Paul Blart: Mall Cop. That influenced me to also get into acting. In a 3 month span, I did 3 movies and 1 TV show. I had the opportunity to work with Matt Damen, Brian Cranston, Laurence Fishburn, Kevin James, and Vince Vaughn. I got direction from all time greats Steven Soderbergh and Ron Howard. The only reason I got into acting was to get my mind off of my dad being sick. BUT, the pay sucks so…I’ll stick with the family business and making lamps. The Jason Ellis Show (including the crew) has helped ME make MY LIFE better. I am and always will be a fan and supporter of Ellis and EllisFam.
Love all you mother fuckers