I have asked for the EllisFam to do a small 8 question interview so that we may get to know one another and how The Jason Ellis Show has changed or impacted our lives. These are their reply’s, unedited and all in their own words. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do, and thank you to everyone who participated. Without you all this wouldn’t be possible.
- Where do you live? Houston Tx (hence the nickname JohnInHouston) which over the years has been shortened to Houston.
- What is your occupation? For the majority of my time in the Ellis world I worked for Red Bull but now working for Vending Machine company managing a section of the city.
- Tell me a little about yourself. Well, most of my personal life has been shared on the show. Anyway, I’m adopted, grew up in Orange County CA, grew up skating and riding BMX. I have no kids and despite what Ellis may say I’m not angry at my balls. I met a great chick about 18 months ago and couldn’t be happier.
- How long have you listened to TJES? I’ve been listening since Rawdog was Thunderbird/illusionist. Shortly after Ellis went to days and had Tully and LittleCoffeeFoot as an intern so over 5 years now.
- How did you discover TJES? I got Sirius on the recommendation of a coworker and found faction because I liked the music. I found the show by accident on day and knew who Ellis was from growing up skating.
- What keeps you listening to TJES? Everything about the show keeps me listening. I have been lucky enough to become friends with the guys as well as many other regular friends and guests of the show.
- Has the show changed or impacted you life in any way? How? My life is like night and day now. I’ve been lucky enough to fight in EM 2 & 4. As well as corner for Donald Schultz and Ashlee in at EM6 and lucky enough to be at SwingHouse when I went to LA. I got to host a Ellismania premiere party here in Houston and even got Shoebox flown into town (where he saved me from choking and dying). I picked up boxing and lost 80lbs in 9 months. Totally turned my life around to longer be a FatAss. Plus, To be recognized by other fans at events I’ve never met before is a crazy feeling. I’ve been very lucky.
- Is there anything else you would like to share? I have met an amazing group of people from all over this country and Canada. Friends from coast to coast north to south. Above all else that’s the best part. The fans. People always see the RDS logo and ask what it is. I always say “You wouldn’t understand”. If they listen we throw up the signal and scream Red Dragons!! Radio Fight Club, crack Radio Fight Club.
Paul M (@PaulM138666)
- Where do you live? Currently living in Randolph, MA. (About 20 minutes outside of Boston)
- What is your occupation? I am a Union Stagehand and I also work as a carpenter when I am not working concerts.
- Tell me a little about yourself. I have been playing trombone since I was 7yrs old, still playing at 37. I went to college for Jazz performance and music education. I taught high school music for 5 years and realized it wasn’t for me. I own a 2006 Harley sportster which I was involved in a major accident with 24 hrs after buying it. It was Karma giving me a “warning shot” about being a bad person. I have become a motorcycle mechanic and wrench on my Jeep all out of necessity and my quest to know how everything works. I have enjoyed meeting and spending quality time with a bunch of random people from around North America that I proudly love like family. I am always interested in learning something new every day. You can usually find me on the tweety thing @PaulM138666 and also on Ellismania PaulM13866. If you are going to randomly follow me make sure you say hi, or I will more then likely block you.
- How long have you listened to TJES? I have been listening to TJES for about 5/6 years.
- How did you discover TJES? I caught Jason on Hawks show a couple times, and mostly heard him doing his Octane thing in the morning. (I wonder how many of you knew he was on Octane?) I was driving home early one day and caught the last hour or so of his show and have been a fan ever since.
- What keeps you listening to TJES? I listen to Ellis because each personality of the show is like a personification of who I am, and it was nice to discover I wasn’t “alone” in my thoughts and trying to survive in this world.
- Has the show changed or impacted you life in any way? How? the show helped “push” me in to taking control of my life and realizing that if I wanted to make it better I am the one that has to do it. I had the opportunity to step in to the ring at Ellismania 6 as part of the robot fight as a substitute and it sparked me to get back in to shape. Jason helped me see how making just small changes in my eating and living habits could make big changes. I don’t mindlessly eat up every word Jason says and try to live that way, but I filter his advice and make it fit in my own life. I will always support Ellis, Tully, Josh, and Will, hopefully they wont become so successful they forget the “blue collar” folks.
- Is there anything else you would like to share? Be respectful of the people you call “EllisFam.” Remember they are people just like you and I, they have fears, ups and downs. Support your friends that you have made from TJES and they will support you. I have a group of people that are from all different walks of life and would be complete strangers under any other circumstance that I love very much. I will be there to pick them up, have their back, and boot them in the ass whenever they need me and always greet them with a hug and smooch!