I have asked for the EllisFam to do a small 8 question interview so that we may get to know one another and how The Jason Ellis Show has changed or impacted our lives. These are their reply’s, unedited and all in their own words. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do, and thank you to everyone who participated. Without you all this wouldn’t be possible.
中Darya Gigi Wolfe中 (@dardar70)
- Where do you live? Carlsbad, California
- What is your occupation? Customer Service Manager
- Tell me a little about yourself. I’m a San Diego native and a sucker for a skater… having followed skating everywhere from TJ (mexico) skate park, Del Mar skate park, the short lived McGills skate to the YMCA in Encinitas (old school days before it got fancy like it is today), if its where my guy friends were going my best friend and I tagged along. I love punk rock; skaters and punk rock go hand in hand. Over time friendships developed and the guys skating the contests ended up working for ESPN, WCS, starting skate companies or opening shops which kept me connected. Then everyone started having kids we’d see each other at the Damn Am contests, which turned into backyard BBQs & more good times. These days we’re all over 40 but still going to punk rock shows getting sweaty and having a BLAST! My guy crops, drops & bags old school cars so we go to a lot of classic car shows. I’ve developed some amazing friendships attending ellismania events! Been to 5 EM events including mini-mania to watch Sean’s knee dislocate and Foxy kick some ass!
- How long have you listened to TJES? Since I got my car in May 2006
- How did you discover TJES? on Tony Hawks Demolition Radio. I knew his name from skating and he was pretty funny on Tony’s show, then he went to an afternoon show 3-6 or 7 so I’d listen on my way home from work. Eventually he moved to noon CA time which worked out great cause I could listen online – have been a daily listener every since, well when life doesn’t get in the way.
- What keeps you listening to TJES? Everything… cause I’ve been listening so long I get all the inside jokes, and all the dialog is like hanging out with my friends. Lets face it, I AM ENTERTAINED!
- Has the show changed or impacted you life in any way? How? The show hasn’t really changed me, its made me better. I’ve developed amazing friendships, created some priceless memories and have one hell of a weekend to look forward to once or twice a year in Vegas with my ellisfam.
- Is there anything else you would like to share? Yes! I pay for my ellismania.com cause its only 5 bucks a month and it used to be fun to chat with friends and Jason about the show. These days the EM.com dialog exchange is just mean, judgmental and argumentative – I give my $5 bucks to support “the wing” but don’t go on there cause the fans are f’ing a’holes. AND there are a lot of people out there saying they’re ellisfam but don’t attend the events, buy the merchandise or listen to the show regularly. Like I said before, I’ve developed some amazing friendships with so many people all over the US and in Canada (yes, Canada) and I’ve experienced more support, love, and friendship from the ellisfam and talk to some of these people more than I talk to members of my own family. Ellisfam has come together donating money to fellow ellisfam members for such things like getting people to ellismania, putting food on the family table and even buy presents at Christmas when fellow ellisfam has been down on their luck. Hell, we even collected a few bucks for Scott Green when he crashed his car. This group, this true group of people, is so amazing and I am lucky to call them my friends.
Adam Christian (@adamRDS)
- Where do you live? Brampton, Ontario, Canada
- What is your occupation? General Contractor
- Tell me a little about yourself. I work with my Dad in the family business and for the last 8 years, I used to run a home repo division for the company so I can break in to your house and kick you out in 10 min’s. I’ve been to two Ellismania’s 6 and 7 was really hope to get to 8 but I bought a house and shits tight I’m hope to go to 9 but we’ll see. I’ve a 15 month old black lab and if you follow me you’ll see a shit load of pictures of Molly she’s a badass dog. I’m always willing to have a cold beer but who isn’t.
- How long have you listened to TJES? 4-5 years
- How did you discover TJES? I had XM in Canada and the merger of Sirius and XM in the state brought Faction to XM Canada and it had some music that I listen to and heard Ellis and that’s it and I only heard Howard a couple of times on a FM station in Toronto but that was back in the 90’s.
- What keeps you listening to TJES? I was close to stop listening a few times when Tully left due to the stretch time but I stuck to it. and with Tully’s return its been really good and of corse Josh’s life is crazy. And the Man him self Ellis he make you believe you can do anything.
- Has the show changed or impacted you life in any way? How? I’ve learned a lot about eating right and relationship shit as well. I’ve lost 30lbs and keep on keeping on.
- Is there anything else you would like to share? I play baseball, love taking pictures of thunder storms got some great shots of lightening.