I have asked for the EllisFam to do a small 8 question interview so that we may get to know one another and how The Jason Ellis Show has changed or impacted our lives. These are their reply’s, unedited and all in their own words. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do, and thank you to everyone who participated. Without you all this wouldn’t be possible.
MICHAEL SORIA (@Butterballs_EM6)
- Where do you live? Yo yo yo check it. Dis be the 1 the only Mike Soria AKA BUTTERBALLS. Coming to you live from Cerritos California where I was raised.
- What is your occupation? I’m a self employed professional driver,a Transporter if you will. Like Jason Statham but I have hair and drive a van.
- Tell me a little about yourself. Let me tell you a little bit about myself. I aint fakin I love clay aikin and teddy bears… oh wait I mean I skateboard and used to play drums in a punk band. I’m more mellow these days, until Ellismania comes around. Then I party and punch someone in De’face.
- How long have you listened to TJES? I’ve been listening to TJES since he was on tuesdays and thursdays I think. Pretty much since he got his own show or dj set I guess. I just remember catching the show on once in a while.
- How did you discover TJES? I followed Howard Stern over to satellite radio and everyday when I was done listening to his show I’d switch to Faction. Once in a while I’d hear this dude with an accent talking about chicks and skateboarding and just being funny saying whatever.
- What keeps you listening to TJES? Taking phone calls from idiots telling him to say “That’s not a knife”. I fuckn loved it! Once I figured out TJES had a regular schedule I found myself getting pissed every time i forget to tune in. So I set an alarm. For me TJES is the best show to listen to. It really helps me get through the workday. I liked Howard a lot but Ellis is more my style. I’m 31 yrs old. Still consider myself a Howard fan but hardly listen anymore.
- Has the show changed or impacted you life in any way? How? I feel TJES has changed the way I look at life. In a good way. Until I heard Jason telling his life experiences, I wasn’t really thinking about what I was doing. Just living day to day boring as shit. “YOU GOTTA LIVE YOUR LIFE! DO AS MUCH AS YOU CAN BEFORE YOU DIE CUZ YOU AINT GETTIN IT BACK AFTER ITS GONE.” Ellis is like all my best friends in one. He was a Pro Skateboarder, I dreamed of being a Pro Skateboarder. He partied, I partied. That’s why I liked the show, because I could relate to him.
- Is there anything else you would like to share? I was the only volunteer that showed up to be in the DeCockathon (the dick olympics) on a Friday morning show and competed against the man himself. I lost the competition but gained some respect from the listeners and Ellis. Later that year I entered the 1st ever Musical Chairs Fight at Ellis Mania 6. I put on a show earning the name Butterballs and won the title. Since then I’ve been on the show a few times doing stupid funny shit like Disco Balls and Mexican Shock Collar Arm Wrestling with @FonzoBlunt even though I’m not Mexican. I’m Peruvian. There was one time on the show that I was grossed out and kinda felt violated. It was when Ellis lost a game and had to tongue dart my belly. I thought it was funny until I felt his tongue in my belly. I almost puked! Anyway now I’m in a movie with Ellis, Mayhem, Dingo and other awesome people.
I love the show and hope it never gets old because wtf else am I supposed to listen to. TJES IS SECOND TO NONE! PEACE OUT! DON’T DIE!
Shoutout to @bitPimps and @AZ_RedDragon
Thanks to everyone who supports the show! You guys are Awesome!
中Casey Beckman中 (@CBKAZI)
- Where do you live? Bend Oregon
- What is your occupation? I bid and draw jobs for a steel fabrication shop.
- Tell me a little about yourself. In the past two years my life has almost mirrored Jasons. Got divorced, had substance issues, saw ups saw downs but have come out of it stronger and better than ever before! I live everyday for my daughter Halo, who is truly a gardian angel in my eyes!
- How long have you listened to TJES? I have followed Jason from is hearly years in skateboarding, I use to work in a few differant skate shops. Actually listening on a daily basis has to be at least going on 4-5 years now.
- How did you discover TJES? Cruzin through XM and heard this crazy old skateboarder had a show…
- What keeps you listening to TJES? You just never know what is going to happen next!
- Has the show changed or impacted you life in any way? How? The show has done allot for my self esteem and taught me allot about being a “man” (like a stand up kinda guy)
- Is there anything else you would like to share? I can believe how many times I made plans to just GO to an Ellismania, and now that I finally am going, I actually get to fight! All I can say is this fight is going out to my daughter, and the fans! I’m in there swingin for all of you!