I have asked for the EllisFam to do a small 8 question interview so that we may get to know one another and how The Jason Ellis Show has changed or impacted our lives. These are their reply’s, unedited and all in their own words. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do, and thank you to everyone who participated. Without you all this wouldn’t be possible.
Alex Reed (@shit_toboggan)
- Where do you live? Oakland, California.
- What is your occupation? Service adviser at Dana Meyer Auto Care in Albany, CA.
- Tell me a little about yourself. I am pretty much your average working stiff. I like tattoos, skating, loud fast angry music, slow sweet romantic music, bit of a comic collector, cars, all around good guy I suppose. Never really sure what to write when someone says “Tell me about yourself” unless I’m filling out a job application. I spend most of my time working, most recently been training three days a week for EllisMania 8. On my off time I’m also a semi-regular volunteer at 924 Gilman st, the semi-legendary punk rock club out here in the bay area.
- How long have you listened to TJES? I’ve been listening to the Ellis show for about 4 1/2 years.
- How did you discover TJES? I discovered the show kind of by accident. I had Sirius for over a year and was starting to lose interest in Howard Stern. I would listen to music and flip through channels all day. I always thought it was weird that the action sports channel had some British guy doing an afternoon talk show, and never really stopped to hear it through, but one day I landed on Faction during a “Dude, is it gay?” segment and couldn’t stop laughing. I listened to the rest of the show and loved every second of it. Been hooked ever since.
- What keeps you listening to TJES? It’s funny, definitely makes the work day go by faster. It can be anything from motivational to hilarious to just plain stupid to absolutely beautiful. The fans are really a community, not just a bunch of fans. Jason does a great job weeding out the bullshit we all can get stuck in. It’s a great way to spend four hours of the day and always puts a smile on my face somehow.
- Has the show changed or impacted you life in any way? How? It’s been a good way to keep sane on stressful days. Joining in on all the “World’s Greatest” and other shit the show asks for participation on, all the EllisMania’s have been an amazing time. It does light a fire under my ass to get out and do more with myself. I was always a pretty lazy person, now I exercise and eat better and really do shit with my time. Life’s too short, y’know?
- Is there anything else you would like to share? CumTard is gonna get fucked up real bad July 14th. RED DRAGONS!!!
Dutch 中 (@Dutch_RDS)
- Where do you live? Highlands Ranch, CO
- What is your occupation? Director of Product Management and Sales Gateway Services Group
- Tell me a little about yourself. 32 actually 33 on July 6. Just celebrated 10 years of marriage. I have a 4 year old son named Jack. He was born premature at 29 weeks he was 2 lbs 11 oz and spent 42 days in the NICU. He is my world and couldn’t imagine life without him.
- How long have you listened to TJES? I have been a listener for 4 years.
- How did you discover TJES? I was listening to faction one day when TJES came on, I was hooked right away.
- What keeps you listening to TJES? I keep listening because Ellis is real. He’s some some fake wackity wack radio guy. Jason has always been open and honest about his life, his struggles, his triumphs and that is a big thing for me. I also keep listening because I love the #ellisfam
- Has the show changed or impacted you life in any way? How? Through the show I met the #ellisfam. A great group of people that have always been there for me. I have had a lot of ups and downs or last 4 years and the fam has always been there for me. Recently I was going through some shit, I felt alone and started cutting. A couple of fam members reached out to me and saved me from myself. Even my own fraternity which I love hasn’t been there for me like the fam has. There are a couple of people I will always be grateful for.
- Is there anything else you would like to share? I am really looking forward to meeting everyone at EM8 and putting on a good show the fans! Chin down hands up!