I have asked for the EllisFam to do a small 8 question interview so that we may get to know one another and how The Jason Ellis Show has changed or impacted our lives. These are their reply’s, unedited and all in their own words. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do, and thank you to everyone who participated. Without you all this wouldn’t be possible.
mike in canada eh? 中 (@mike_in_canada)
- Where do you live? I live in Edmonton Alberta Canada.
- What is your occupation? As far as I see it, my job is to making people laugh and I’m fucking good at it. Of course I have no statistical evidence of this, nor do I receive any compensation or nudie photos.
- Tell me a little about yourself. In my own head I’m the sickest dude ever and I’m sweet to bring to parties. Did I mention that I’m incredibly narcissistic? Just kidding. #NotReally
- How long have you listened to TJES? Nearly 3 years.
- How did you discover TJES? Actually, I got in a really bad car accident where I don’t remember anything that happened before or after the crash. When I woke up in the hospital, I was told that my car was demolished beyond repair. The next day I went to get a rental car which just so happened to have Sirius in it, and when I turned the car on it was on Faction 28. It was completely by chance, or fate, or God (whatever you want to call it) that I found the show and I’ve been listening ever since.
- What keeps you listening to TJES? I used to skate, when I was younger, and I had a picture of Ellis doing the Mega Ramp on my wall. So after my car accident, when I found his show, I heard a guy that transitioned from being a pro skater to the overlord of radio – it made me think that I could transition myself into anything I wanted to, as long as I was willing to work for it.
- Has the show changed or impacted you life in any way? How? I’m not a guy that’s going to tell you Ellis made me lose 200lbs or anything like that, but the way it changed me is from the people I’ve met and interacted with. There’s such kindness and good vibes within the Ellisfam that it’s pretty special to be a part of. Having people tell me that something I said made them laugh or made their day is really cool, and it powers me through the days that aren’t so great.
- Is there anything else you would like to share? One day I’m going be a writer for the Jason Ellis Show, just fucking try to stop me. Oh and follow me on twitter… @mike_in_canada.
Doug Robertson 中 (@d_rob_70)
Where do you live? Ottawa, IL
What is your occupation? Warehouse Forklift Driver
Tell me a little about yourself. 42 Years Old, Married, 1 grown son (24), Love my wife very much. LOVE the Chicago Cubs & Buffalo Bills and any Olympics on will be watched on my TV. Only Ellismania I went to was EM5 in Vegas in 2010.
How long have you listened to TJES? Since March ’09
How did you discover TJES? All my BTLS friends had migrated to Ellis so I gave him a try and never went back.
What keeps you listening to TJES? The comraderie of the EllisFam 1st & foremost. And I just LOVE the realness of the show.
Has the show changed or impacted you life in any way? How? Yes I feel that my confidence level has increased tenfold.
Is there anything else you would like to share? No.