I have asked for the EllisFam to do a small 8 question interview so that we may get to know one another and how The Jason Ellis Show has changed or impacted our lives. These are their reply’s, unedited and all in their own words. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do, and thank you to everyone who participated. Without you all this wouldn’t be possible.
- Where do you live? Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
- What is your occupation? Currently a motor grader operator, but undecided on future right now.
- Tell me a little about yourself. Im only semi cool at the moment, but practice makes perfect. Im a fan of: Beer, football (Roughriders, 49ers) video games (PS3, Steam.. HazardousMX) quading (2012 Mud Pro), camping, golf, music and magnets. I like to take quading videos with my GoPro and hope to one day edit my current 38 hours of video into something cool. I hope to travel more in the future and see everything. 21 in October 2012 so Ellismania here I come/lock up your daughters.
- How long have you listened to TJES? I’ve been listening to the show for over 2 years now.
- How did you discover TJES? Well I sit on my ass a lot during work, very bored, so flipping through channels on the radio one day I recognized the name Jason Ellis and thought, “oh no way! is this the british dude from wild world of spike? he is hilarious.” We’ve been together ever since.
- What keeps you listening to TJES? The humour, the guys, the guests, new music tuesday, voice altermacation machines, and the fans. #nohomo
- Has the show changed or impacted your life in any way? How? I don’t know if I’m gradually just getting smarter and more motivated on my own, but I feel like I’ve taken a lot from the show in general knowledge and confidence. The show puts me in a better mood and makes the afternoon go by a lot faster.
- Is there anything else you would like to share? Well I suppose if you’re ever near Regina lets go to the bar or quading. Im always interested in talking about anything so just message me! I could probably go on for days. Also, magnets, how do they work?
- Where do you live? Los Angles, CA.
- What is your occupation? Owner/Manager of my own small corporation.
- Tell me a little about yourself. Born and raised in Detroit MI. (never met Slim Shady or Kid Rock, but have met Bob Seger) Moved to California in 1991 with $150 in my pocket. Like any self respecting Jamaican, I worked multiple jobs so I wouldn’t be cold or hungry, but had periods where I had plenty of both. Suffered through seriously tough times but ended up graduating college, working in the industry aka, Hollywood then finally running my own business with my amazing wife that I have been married to since 1996.
- How long have you listened to TJES? End of 2006 if memory serves.
- How did you discover TJES? I have had XM since its inception, one day sitting in my car browsing channels I heard these crazy things coming from the radio. Those things were what all of us Ellisfam know as “buttons”, It hooked me.
- What keeps you listening to TJES? Jason’s high energy, in your face, think after talk style. I am of similar age and also share many early life experiences with Jason. After meeting him at the gym and being able to have a few short conversations, I was able to see the off the air person and that has endeared me to him and the show. #nohomo
- Has the show changed or impacted you life in any way? How? I came across the show at a time when I was in need of an extra spark of motivation. Jason’s constant hammering on getting off your ass and doing things or at least trying things, made a huge impact on me. Having been involved in martial arts and boxing years ago, it motivated me to jump back in and go for it. I changed every aspect of my eating habits, got healthy, lost 30 lbs in a month, with boxing, Krav Maga and Bjj. I am better person and in better shape now than I have ever been. I would smash my 20 year old self, and enjoy it.
- Is there anything else you would like to share? I have met a few of Ellisfam and even more on twitter. We don’t always agree or like each other all the time, but It has been a great thing that this show can bring together so many people from so many places and very diverse backgrounds, then we can all love and sometimes hate the show as a group. Looking forward to see what the future brings for the show and it’s fans. Don’t want to leave out Josh and Tully, they are hugely important to the dynamic of the success of the show.
If you would like to be apart of the EllisFam Interviews, please contact me (@Az_RedDragon) through twitter and I will send the interview to you.