I have asked for the EllisFam to do a small 8 question interview so that we may get to know one another and how The Jason Ellis Show has changed or impacted our lives. These are their reply’s, unedited and all in their own words. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do, and thank you to everyone who participated. Without you all this wouldn’t be possible.
Tony Fisher (@spaseghost)
- Where do you live? Western colorado
- What is your occupation? Industrial electrician
- Tell me a little about yourself. Alcoholic, sex addict. Trying to better myself, my life and be a better father and husband. Went through a real bad rough patch when my father committed suicide, he was my best friend and I had nobody else to confide in or help me out with all my problems.
- How long have you listened to TJES? Since before rawdog started.
- How did you discover TJES? Scanning channels when driving between jobs and left it on faction. When I got back in I heard this guy screaming “cow fucka!”, and haven’t changed it since.
- What keeps you listening to TJES? I relate to some of Ellis issues and there is a lot of motivation and inspiration in the show for me. And it’s funny as all hell, a good break from the repetition of the music channels. When shit gets really bad in my life I know that if I call in he will tell me what’s up and not sugar coat stuff like some people do. He’s inspired so many and helped so many that I’m still amazed at how many different directions the show can go in.
- Has the show changed or impacted you life in any way? How?
- Is there anything else you would like to share?
Scott Abel (@MaddTrippNz)
- Where do you live? Edmonton, Alberta
- What is your occupation? Earthworks Foreman
- Tell me a little about yourself. I am a 30 year old father of a 2 year old girl and a 8 year old boy. Skater, snowboarder and Harley rider. On my second wife, with the first one for 7 years then married her on our 7th year, only to get cheated on after 6 months of marriage and a brand new house. The new wife saved my life, brought me outta the darkest place I have ever been, having to start from scratch at 25 financially, drugs and booze took over my life, if it wasn’t for her literally slapping the shit out of me and making me stop with the self pity BS I wouldn’t be here today, not to mention she gave me a baby girl which gave me and new light on life.
- How long have you listened to TJES? Since Jason was calling out lame songs on faction
- How did you discover TJES? listening to faction
- What keeps you listening to TJES? The honesty.! There is nothing more real, or honest on radio, or tv, long hours in a pickup in remote areas all day everyday.
- Has the show changed or impacted you life in any way? How? Jasons life experiences, are very similar to mine, brought up by an abusive biker step father, drugs and alcohol were around me growing up everyday, fighting and partying were a normal thing growing up, listening to him tell the world made it easier to talk to my own family and friends about things that have happened during my childhood, and then my divorce, happened and hearing someone else go through the same pain, made life bearable.
- Is there anything else you would like to share? Has been a loyal Red dragon supporter since I was 12 growing up in Vancouver, the boys of RDS were legends and hometown heros, loyal Ellisfam, and Wolfknife “Gretzky’s taint”, when I am not at your moms house I am listening to Jason Ellis.