I have asked for the EllisFam to do a small 8 question interview so that we may get to know one another and how The Jason Ellis Show has changed or impacted our lives. These are their reply’s, unedited and all in their own words. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do, and thank you to everyone who participated. Without you all this wouldn’t be possible.
Dave Estes (@dave_estes41)
- Where do you live?I live in Warren, Ohio about 45 miles south of Cleveland. Hope to live I am Awesome World some day.
- What is your occupation?I am a factory worker in a rubber factory and I am also a full time student.
- Tell me a little about yourself.I am 42 years old with a wife and 3 kids. (18, 17, 13) Former Navy veteran and world traveler. I pass the time listening to music, reading and camping.
- How long have you listened to the show? Since @Ellismate was a dj at night on Faction, I believe. It’s been 5 or 6 years now. I do know it was right after he and Andrea split the first time though.
- How did I discover the show? I would usually listen to Faction on my drive home from work at night and there was this interesting radio personality with an accent that seemed to talk about the most outlandish things. I believe that what really caught my attention was one night when Ellis had a woman on the phone and he was asking her “you ever smoke marijuana out of your cookie?” I was hooked after that!
- What keeps you listening to TJES? The fact that the whole crew just keeps it real is what keeps me around. Those guys are the funniest radio guys I have ever heard. Not a day goes by that I’m not laughing my head off. It’s at the point that I feel like they are part of my family and have a genuine love for all of them.
- Has the show changed or impacted you life in any way? How? The main impact is that I now know that there are dudes out there that are pretty similar to me. Their lives are similar, their problems are similar and their senses of humor are similar. I don’t feel alone any longer.
- Is there anything else you would like to share? #rudejudesday is my favorite day on the show. I really hope he becomes a regular part of the show like Ellismate occasionally eludes to. I like how Tully, Rumble Mctumble and Young Wing are on all of our levels and not a group of pompous jackasses. And finally, in my best Church of Haden voice….RED DRAGGGGGOOOOOONS!
- Where do you live? Humboldt County, California
- What is your occupation? Purchaser, Office work
- Tell me a little about yourself. Im 23 love restoring old muscle cars, riding moto, mixing on the turntables.
- How long have you listened to TJES? Little over 2 years
- How did you discover TJES? The one and only Joe Rowe
- What keeps you listening to TJES? The never ending positivity. Even on bad days The show can make me feel better about myself and the day I am trying to get through.
- Has the show changed or impacted you life in any way? How? Yes I have changed my outlook on life. Harden the fuck up really means something to me and I try to live it everyday.
- Is there anything else you would like to share? I just can’t wait to meet all you great people I am privileged enough to call my Fam