I have asked for the EllisFam to do a small 8 question interview so that we may get to know one another and how The Jason Ellis Show has changed or impacted our lives. These are their reply’s, unedited and all in their own words. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do, and thank you to everyone who participated. Without you all this wouldn’t be possible.
Julie Z (@Harachoka)
- Where do you live? Dallas, Texas
- What is your occupation? Admin assistant and just got appointed the Financial Committee head for my roller derby league(it is a full time job too!)
- Tell me a little about yourself. Well let’s see…… My name is Julie and I’m awesome. I’m 30 years old and living a good life. No babies and never been married. I love everybody and very easy going. I play roller derby so I do have a little competitive streak in me. I’m a middle child, have no sense of smell from a skate boarding accident, love snow boarding and love my family.
- How long have you listened to TJES? Geeeeez louise, let me think. I’m going to guess going on about 4 or so years now. It took me awhile to get onto Twitter and ellismania. It was about a year or so ago, because I finally wanted to meet some of the names I’ve heard forever!
- How did you discover TJES? I started using Sirius radio when Howard came over in 2006. I originally listened to the punk station and then eventually started listening to Faction for the music. Eventually I started catching more and more of the show. Fell in love with them and started listening to the whole show.
- What keeps you listening to TJES? The characters I have grown to know and love. When I first started listening I loved how Jason would help a lot of his callers through hard times. My father passed away at a young age, so I felt his sincerity when he talked about his brother and father dying. I also have grown to love the Ellisfam and it’s many different characters.
- Has the show changed or impacted you life in any way? How? Well I’ve definitely made some good friends from the connection from the show. Over the years I think they’ve made me feel more comfortable in my own skin. I guess that’s part of getting older too, but their goofiness/brashness/kindness has made me feel easier about my own personality. I live life to the fullest and feel that’s what Jason says on a daily basis. I just love the show and feel like I’m hanging out with good friends.
- Is there anything else you would like to share? I got voted “Miss Congeniality” by my league last year! ;)
- Where do you live? Edmonton, Alberta
- What is your occupation? Waitress (reformed stripper)
- Tell me a little about yourself. I am 27. Engaged, Ex drug addict, beauty queen under dog
- How long have you listened to TJES? 3 hil-arious years
- How did you discover TJES? My ex lent me his car with satelite radio. He was always afraid I would cheese him out to Ellis for being an un accountable dick.
- What keeps you listening to TJES? Ellis is a motivator, Tully is soo funny and I have a soft spot for RawDog after EM7
- Has the show changed or impacted you life in any way? How? Ellis has driven home the point of accountability and self respect. Through his everyday rants and great perspective on life. Plus training for EM7 got me hooked on boxing so my mind and body are more fit thanks to TJES
- Is there anything else you would like to share? I might not be on twitter enough or make it to some of the meets but I will never miss Ellismania. I am getting married during this years event and cannot wait to solidify the relationships I made. Love #ellisfam