I have asked for the EllisFam to do a small 8 question interview so that we may get to know one another and how The Jason Ellis Show has changed or impacted our lives. These are their reply’s, unedited and all in their own words. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do, and thank you to everyone who participated. Without you all this wouldn’t be possible.
John Boughan (@oxycottonjohn)
- Where do you live? I live in Dittmer, Jefferson County MO. Meth capital of the U.S.A..
- What is your occupation? For 17 years I worked in a cultred marble plant. Fake marble. It was an oil based business that when oil prices went up so did our prices. Real marble became cheaper to get.
- Tell me a little about yourself. After unemployment ran out I started my own business or painting and maintenance. It was around this time I started with the oxy. Take one in the moring before work so I wouldn’t shake from the alcohol. Then 1 wasn’t enough. Then 2 wasn’t enough. Then it became 2 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon. Any kind of of pills to help perc, vico, oxy, muscle relaxers along with a 30 pack of Busch beer and half a fifth of vodka.
- How long have you listened to TJES? About 5 years I guess.
- How did you discover TJES? I found Jason on octane bitching about the music he had to play. I laughed so I gave his show a shot. I was picking up my son from high school and it was cowfucker this cowfucker that. We laughed our ass off. Then Jason started about religion and cowfucker and rawdog tried to explain about jews, catholics, and christians. It was fucking hilarious. Ben listening ever since.
- What keeps you listening to TJES? What keeps me listening? The fact that Jason is no bullshiter. Tells it like it is and is one funny motherfucker!!
- Has the show changed or impacted you life in any way? How? The impact Jason had on me besides letting me call in and make jokes of course the fact he got me to go to rehab. Not only have I been clean for 2 years iv’e got some friends clean with me. My wife and kids treat me with a new level of respect that has spread to our familys. It’s awesome being clean. The one thing I miss the most is the VIP number, by the time I get through the jokes over.
- Is there anything else you would like to share? Another great thing is I have the EllisFam. You guys have giving me alot of love!! I just hope the people in the Fam who need help reach out. There is great support all around you! I also hope that some of my messages inspire all kinds of people to look inside their selves to become who they really want to be.In closing Peace&Love. YAAAAA MOTHERFUCKKKEERRRSS!!!!RDS!!!4LIFE!!!!!!ELLISFAM!!!!!
Joseph Latronica (@Joeskin69)
- Where do you live? Hamburg, New Jersey
- What is your occupation? Project Sales Engineer, Ice Hockey Official
- Tell me a little about yourself. Married 43 year old Punk Rock Dad into Hockey, Snowboarding, Mountain Biking, Skateboarding and Rugby.
- How long have you listened to TJES? 4+ years
- How did you discover TJES? Listening to the Tony Hawk Radio Show
- What keeps you listening to TJES? Anticipating what Jason is going to say next. Just when you thought you heard it all, he tops it. The show is like listening to fiends hanging out and shooting the shit. There is an awesome flow with the Tully and Josh which gets even better when guests come in.
- Has the show changed or impacted you life in any way? How? Yes. I was letting alot of shit bother me, which was starting to affect my overall attitude and my life. I was listening to the show when Jason’s words hit me. So I decided to “put my head down and keep pedaling Mother Fucker”. Also, with the addition of Halftime, I’ve been cranking out pushups daily wherever I am. The show definitely makes the work day more enjoyable. It is a huge part of my daily routine. I find myself talking about the show and using many of the phrases in my normaal conversation. Luckily my wife is a fan as well.
- Is there anything else you would like to share? After meeting Jason, Tully and Josh at the Jersey book signing, I felt like I saw some old friends. I gained a new respect for Jason after reading the book and listening to his stories. I followed Jason during his skateboarding career without knowing his whole story and I was floored when I heard it. On a side note, I work in oil & gas industry responsible for Western Canada and go to the oil patch occasionally. Every time I go, I meet a new TJES fan. I travel quite a bit and I try to hook up with local EllisFam for beers.