I have asked for the EllisFam to do a small 8 question interview so that we may get to know one another and how The Jason Ellis Show has changed or impacted our lives. These are their reply’s, unedited and all in their own words. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do, and thank you to everyone who participated. Without you all this wouldn’t be possible.
Chris Walker (@Walkerman75)
Where do you live? Indianapolis, Indiana
What is your occupation? Account manager for real estate title search company
Tell me a little about yourself. 35, son is 12 daughter is 10, passion for family and loyalty, sober, huge Pearl Jam fan
How long have you listened to TJES? Over 3 years total, everyday for 2 years
How did you discover TJES? Knew his name from when i skated as a kid, heard his name later on other radio shows when they talked trash cuz they were scared of him, started to listen and quickly realized TJES was the best
What keeps you listening to TJES? Honesty, loyalty, knowledge, support, humor, confidence and commitment you find in the show and fam that is rarely seen in the world anymore.
Has the show changed or impacted you life in any way? How? Yes, multiple ways in many aspects of my life. The biggest would be helping me find myself again, digging that person out of the self imposed shit and helping that man fight to be better everyday.
Is there anything else you would like to share? Finding the show and being introduced to many of it’s family has truly been life changing for me. I would like to say thanks, not just from myself but also from every member of my family who made me promise to do so when I had this chance. Those closest to me know how integral a part TJES and EllisFam is to me being alive today. I will never stop listening and will always give back every chance I get. Thank you.
Dave’s not here! (@BooozyTheClown)
- Where do you live? Henderson, NV (suburb next to Vegas, 20 min from the Strip)
- What is your occupation? I work for the family business, Legacy Electric, as a Project Manager and AutoCAD (computer aided design) drafter.
- Tell me a little about yourself. Born in Anaheim, CA but have lived most of my life in the surrounding areas of Vegas. Graduated High School in ’99 from Boulder City (small town formed when the Hoover Dam was being built). Joined the Navy in 2000 and was stationed on the USS Belleau Wood (LHA-3) out of San Diego until 2004 where I was then reassigned to the Pacific Missile Range Facility (PMRF) in Kauai, HI until 2006. Met my wife on that island and married her in 2007 and divorced three years later…yay! My 6 yrs of service allowed me to travel all over the western hemisphere and last year finally made it to Europe and was able to visit 6 countries, Switzerland was my favorite but Amsterdam was a good fucking time…from what I remember!!
- How long have you listened to TJES? I, like a lot of people, subscribed to Sirius for Stern but when one day while scrolling through the channels in 2007 I came across The Jason Ellis Show and listened for about 5 minutes before I decided this guy’s an idiot and I turned it off. The next day same thing except I never turned it off and haven’t stopped laughing since.
- How did you discover TJES? I think I just answered that one.
- What keeps you listening to TJES? Well I hate to say it but it’s like Stern…what is he going to say next. I just get his humor and love the honesty of the show.
- Has the show changed or impacted you life in any way? How? It’s definitely changed my outlook on certain issues and I feel like I have more of an open mind to things that before I didn’t care to acknowledge. I think gay marriage would be the biggest one.
- Is there anything else you would like to share? Final calls suck! I think there is so much time wasted on people who don’t know how to use a phone or just get to nervous. That’s the only complaint I have with the show. Everything else is great and love the little family we’ve established here.
If you would like to be apart of the EllisFam Interviews, please contact me (@Az_RedDragon) through twitter and I will send the interview to you.