I have asked for the EllisFam to do a small 8 question interview so that we may get to know one another and how The Jason Ellis Show has changed or impacted our lives. These are their reply’s, unedited and all in their own words. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do, and thank you to everyone who participated. Without you all this wouldn’t be possible.
Cody McCraw (@Cody_McCraw92)
- Where do you live? I live in Coal Valley, IL. It’s part of the Quad Cities, which consists of 4 cities (2 in IL and 2 in IA) that lie on the Miss. River.
- What is your occupation? I work as a Package Handler at UPS while attending college for a degree in Communications/Broadcasting.
- Tell me a little about yourself. I’m a musician (guitar, bass, and drums) and a life-long Chicago Blackhawks fan. Hockey and music are my two greatest passions and I center my life around them. I’m young compared to the rest of Ellisfam, only 20 years old, but I feel just as much a part of this band of misfits and miscreants as anyone else. Like Rawdog, I love music and science, but I have WAY better taste in music. I’m a lot like Tully when it comes to wit and being the “voice of reason”. I’m Straightedge, which means I don’t drink, smoke, or do drugs. I always thought that stuff was stupid and never got into it. I’m of Irish (as evident by my last name), Cherokee, Blackfoot, and German decent. I’m just a really laid-back guy who likes to have fun and meet new people.
- How long have you listened to TJES? I’ve been listening since the Little Coffee Foot/Bitch Chocolate days so roughly 5-6 years. I listen every day and to all 4 hours. I’ve never missed a show since I started listening.
- How did you discover TJES? I get Sirius with my DISH TV package and just stumbled upon it one day as they were making fun of the Lucky Charms guy and I laughed harder than I ever had in my life. From then on, I was hooked.
- What keeps you listening to TJES? What keeps me listening is the feeling of brotherhood and family I get when listening to Jason, Rawdog, and Tully. It just feels like I’m talking with my best friends every day and they always make me laugh harder than anything else.
- Has the show changed or impacted you life in any way? How? The show has had a big impact on my life. Because of the show, I decided to follow my dream of being on radio. Ellis has also inspired me to never give up and they have always helped me get through dark times by making me laugh. The other big effect the show has had on me is the second family I now have in EllisFam. It’s really cool having this connection with people you’ve never met, yet feel as though you’ve been friends for years. We truly are a family and I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world.
- Is there anything else you would like to share? The last thing I want to add is…..LET’S GO MARLINS!! hahaha RED DRAGONS MOTHERFUCKERS!!! Stay Frosty!
Where do you live? Coos Bay, Or.
What is your occupation? Sales Rep for a Grocery Distributor.
Tell me a little about yourself. I’m 25, happily married with a baby on the way. Love my wife, lovey unborn child and excited to be a dad. Not a big action sports guy, mostly into college football and UFC. Although, listening to TJES has sparked an interest in Moto. I work about 50 hours a week so spare time is hard to come by. I find joy in reading, writing, movies; basically anything with a story. I work out a lot, mostly crossfit type stuff because we don’t have an MMA gym in this Podunk town. My life is simple: I work, come home to my family in progress and cook dinner which is one of my talents, and go to sleep. I could turn this into an essay but I’ll save you the time by saying I worked hard to get my life the way it is and I love the simplicity.
How long have you listened to TJES? About 3 years or so.
How did you discover TJES? I was flipping through channels on Sirius’ free trial and heard some shock collar jeopardy something or other and I was hooked.
What keeps you listening to TJES? The brutal honesty coming from the three hosts. And how it is the most interactive show out there. Hearing Tully or Rawdog read one of my tweets and getting a big laugh is the biggest “fuck yeah!” feeling there is.
Has the show changed or impacted you life in any way? How?I was a bit of a reckless psychotic drunk when I started listening. Hearing what Jason has had to say on life has caused me to re-evaluate a lot of things involving responsibility,attitude, maturity and overall open mindedness. It really has helped me be a better and more mature 25 year old.
Is there anything else you would like to share? The only quirky thing about me is my uncanny knowledge of dreams and how the human brain functions when sleeping. I took an interest in it when I was a kid and had really vivid, lucid dreams. Ever since I can remember I have read every study or encyclopedia on dreams I could get my hands on.