I thought it might be funny if different people tried to sing karaoke style, as the same character, to the same song. So what came to mind was having Rocky Balboa sing ABC by The Jackson 5. Well, only 2 of us were willing to give our horrible renditions for your entertainment. Thanks to @mikesnews for lending his Rocky Balboa impression to his track, he did a much better / smoother job than I did.
I have asked for the EllisFam to do a small 8 question interview so that we may get to know one another and how The Jason Ellis Show has changed or impacted our lives. These are their reply’s, unedited and all in their own words. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do, and thank you to everyone who participated. Without you all this wouldn’t be possible.
Fuck Norris (@izzinya)
- Where do you live? Everett Wa.
- What is your occupation? Harley mechanic.
- Tell me a little about yourself. I’m a 39 3/4 year old recovering fuck up (aren’t we all) I have been working on Harley’s for 17 years I am a “master of service technology” the highest level of recognition Harley has.. So I kinda know my shit when it comes to Harley’s. I also know what it’s like to go through a divorce , happened about the same time as Ellis
- How long have you listened to TJES? About 5 1/2 years or so
- How did you discover TJES? Bought sirius for stern and stumbled on Ellis now I keep Sirius for Ellis . Stern is good Ellis is great
- What keeps you listening to TJES? Honesty, the guys are real and you can tell!
- Has the show changed or impacted you life in any way? How? Made me think of how to grab my life by the balls, and like I said before Ellis and I have some stuffing common. We went through some of the same shit at the same time….
- Is there anything else you would like to share? Life is good if you make it! Rawdog rules Ellis is the man and fuck Tully!!! No really Tully brought the missing element to the show, threw work we’ll as a team and I know they are on there way to the top, if they aren’t already there!!!
Wolfknives Washington member Fuck Norris
Hopefully the Washington pres lol
Harden the fuck up!!!
Mike Higgins (@mikesnews)
- Where do you live? Southeast Missouri
- What is your occupation? Computer & Telephone Technician
- Tell me a little about yourself. 35 Year Old, Married, Father of 2 young kids. I enjoy getting outside and running, biking, swimming, and hiking. I have completed a couple marathons and a half-ironman. Needless to say, I look forward to half-time push-ups (when I am not driving my truck).
- How long have you listened to TJES? About 3 years (I think), Tully left the show about a week after I started listening. Then it was just Jason and Josh.
- How did you discover TJES? There was a Jay-Z song playing on Faction and the next song that came on was the Beatles – Yesterday. I thought that was an eclectic mix and so I didn’t turn the channel. Then Jason started talking and I was hooked.
- What keeps you listening to TJES? I spend several hours a day driving in my truck so the show keeps me going. Like many of the listeners, I feel like Jason, Tully and Josh are friends of mine that I get to hang out with and listen to.
- Has the show changed or impacted you life in any way?How? Yes. I had always wanted to play the guitar and after listening to Jason talk about “getting out there and trying new shit” I went ahead and bought a guitar and started playing. The show has also provided me a new outlet for my creative side and I sent in some song parodies that made it on the air. @cobratits has them on his site if you are interested in hearing them.
- Is there anything else you would like to share? I went to Chicago when they were on their book tour and got to meet Jason and Tully. That was the coolest shit ever. I was second in line so after I got my book signed I just hung around and chatted with other ellisfam and Tully. When the signing was over there were 10 of us still there and Jason came over and showed us pictures of Tiger on his phone. I struck me that Jason and Michael are really just regular guys and they have to deal with all the shit that everyone else does.